HVAC Repair and Installation in Norcross, Georgia
We provide cost-effective AC repairs to keep you cool through the summer.
AC Repair At a Fair Price
Everyone wants to be comfortable, and when it comes to the indoors, we all want to be warm and cozy during the cold winter months and stay cool in the intense heat of the summer. Poe’s HVAC has the experience to help keep your AC system running smoothly through extreme weather climates. Our team of professionals is highly trained and has the know-how to repair, maintain and install all brands of HVAC systems at a reasonable price. We not only service Norcross, but the entire Atlanta metro area.
Poe’s is a family-owned and operated HVAC company, and our main goal is to give you top-notch customer service. We want you to be comfortable in the cold of the winter and the heat of summer. Whether you need your HVAC maintained, repaired, or need a new system installed, give us a call today and we’ll get your home back to the temperature that makes you most comfortable.
When does your HVAC Unit Need Repair?
When your HVAC isn’t working properly, you might hear strange noises or smell odd odors as an indication that you need to call an HVAC professional. Below are a few of the warning signs to look for:
• Surplus Moisture – If there is a surplus of moisture or pooling water around your HVAC unit, it may be an indication of a failing evaporator coil, compressor, condenser, etc. It’s normal to have a small amount of moisture, but large in amounts are not. It’s best to call a professional when this occurs to have them inspect your system to troubleshoot what may be the cause.
• Odd Smells – If you smell odd odors coming from your HVAC system, it’s likely there is an underlying issue with your HVAC system. The smells may be electrical burning, mold, and mildew. Hire a professional to have them determine the problem.
• Inadequate Air Flow – If you have inadequate airflow that doesn’t seem to be moving as it once did, this can be caused by several issues, like an evaporator malfunction, water leaks, clogged filter, etc. It’s a good idea to regularly change your filters and dust your air returns. If the problem persists, it is possibly a more serious issue that an expert HVAC specialist will need to make a diagnosis and repair.
• The Air Is Neither Hot or Cold – If the air coming from your vents isn’t coming out hot when the heater is on and not coming out cold when the AC is running, this is a signal that your HVAC unit needs to be inspected. There can be a number of different issues that will need to be determined when getting your system looked at.
Common Issues with HVAC Systems
The HVAC system has many intricate components that are complicated with a lot of internal moving parts. Although some HVAC issues are merely a matter of cleaning coils and filters, some of the common problems will develop into much larger concerns if not serviced regularly. These issues can be avoided if your system is maintained. It is best to have your system inspected annually to prevent it from breaking down during the times you need it to be working most.
See more information below on these common issues:
• Water Leaks – Your unit could have a water leak if you have excess condensation or water pooling around it. It’s best to call a professional right away to prevent any water damage to your home. Especially if your condensate drain has backed up causing it to flood inside your home.
• The HVAC Unit Won’t Turn On – While it’s possible that the issue is serious and will require you to call a professional to diagnose the underlying issue and to inspect the system and make repairs as needed. There’s a good chance that the reason your HVAC unit won’t turn on is because of a stuck fan relay, thermostat malfunction, clogged condensate drain line, power issues, etc. The team at Poe’s HVAC can fix the problem and get your system running smoothly at a price that’s affordable.
• Fan Problem – A faulty fan is another common issue with HVAC units. One of the main is due to a bad capacitor. Additionally, the problem could lie with frozen coils, dirt buildup or rust, and broken fan belts. We can diagnose the issue and have your AC back up and running in no time!
• Short Cycling – Short cycling is when your HVAC system turns on and off repeatedly and causes strain on your unit. This may be caused by a dirty air filter which restricts airflow and forces the HVAC to work harder to keep the needed temperatures making the system overheat and shut down, as well as low refrigerant causing it to overheat.
AC/Heating and Repair Company in Norcross, Georgia
When your HVAC system isn’t functioning properly or breaks down, it can cause the temperature of your home to be almost unbearable, specifically during the summer heat or the cold winter months. So, Call Poe’s Heating and Air for all your HVAC needs! We are a local family-owned business and offer excellent customer service at an affordable price. Because we service in fewer areas, we have no overhead costs and a quick response time. This allows us to offer affordable prices to our customers.
Whether you live in Norcross or the surrounding area, give Poe’s HVAC a call if you need a new HVAC unit and installation or repair.
About Norcross, Georgia
Norcross is a city in Gwinnett County, Georgia, United States. The population as of the 2010 census was 9,116, while in 2018 the estimated population was 16,563. It is included in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta metropolitan statistical area.
In 1869, Atlanta entrepreneur John J. Thrasher purchased 250 acres around the first stop north along the proposed Richmond Danville rail lines. One year later, the area was incorporated and named after Thrasher’s good friend and fellow entrepreneur, Jonathan Norcross. The town of Norcross was the second city in Gwinnett County, and the first to be placed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
In the late 1800’s, Norcross became known as “Atlanta’s Summer Resort,” and a commuter train, the “Airline Belle,” would both bring visitors up from the city to escape the heat and take Norcross residents into Atlanta for work and school. Visitors to Norcross could camp by the Chattahoochee River or stay at one of the three hotels in town. The Brunswick Hotel was well known for the rockers on its front porches (on both the first and second floors) and its chicken pot pie. The hotel was located across the street from Thrasher Park but was demolished in the mid-1900s. In the early 1900s, the Norcross Concert Band gave frequent concerts in the pavilion in the park. Today, train schedules no longer include stops in Norcross, but the town’s residents and visitors still enjoy live music throughout the summer in Thrasher Park’s beautiful concert pavilion.
OUR SERVICE AREA
Our office is located in Suwanee, but we provide HVAC services to homes or offices within a 30-mile radius. This means we have happy customers in Buford, Lawrenceville, Duluth, Norcross, Flowery Branch, Braselton, Hoschton, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Roswell, Dacula, Snellville, and more.